• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Robotics;Notes (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 am Reply with quote
Steins;Gate had dumb technology and the annoying harem but otherwise it was smart and awesome. Robotics;Notes also has dumb technology but manages to be poorly written too, at least when it comes to the plot. The characters are the show's strong point, but man, when I see all the plot holes I just want to tear out my hair.

How did the monopoles just fall from the sky? Where did they come from?

What is SERN now doing, now that their black hole bomb has failed?

Why couldn't they activate the bomb from the surface; why space? It's a black hole for crying out loud, if its strong enough to kill billions then whether it is activated in space or on the surface shouldn't matter.

Are they going to build another bomb, which I assume is totally within their capability?

Why did they want to rule a ruined Earth, and not an intact Earth?

Aren't there easier ways to rule the planet than design a black hole bomb? Couldn't they just manipulate the stock market and various governments like normal villains?

How did the bad guys get the rocket to the island? And if they used one that was already there, when did they find the time to paint it black?

Why did killing Kimijima suddenly remove the password protection on the mainframe? If someone killed me my laptop would still have its password; passwords don't disappear along with the person. Killing Kimijima shouldn't have helped at all.

Why would military missiles be affected by virtual decoys made using a civilian communications system? The missiles shouldn't have been able to see them.

How is a virtual reality missile aimed at a specific place supposed to delete a consciousness that exists across the internet?

Once they realised that the password didn't work, why did no-one think to destroy the rocket on the ground? Seriously, just fly a plane or drive a truck into it, something like that. Shoot it with the machine guns taken from the captured goons. Would have been easy to do once SUMERAGI no longer had its missiles.

Speaking of which, what happened to the goons they captured? Did they spill the beans on who had hired them? Will SERN be raided now?

What happened to Misa? She is a terrorist wanted for the destruction of the robot expo and the attempted murder of billions of people. Is she going to face the death penalty, or will the authorities overlook her crimes?

Why did the guys want to capture Frau? How was she important?

Why Japan? Couldn't they have quietly bought a spaceport in Kazakhstan for instance and launched the rocket in secrecy?

Even if it did have to be Japan, why make a huge fuss? Why not just be real quiet about it, pretend the bomb is a commercial satellite and put it up without alerting people that something is wrong?

What was the point of telling the kids about the plan? What was that supposed to accomplish? All those Kimijima reports were supposed to throw people off the trail . . . a trail that only existed in the first place because of the Kimijima reports. So what was the point in involving the kids at all?

How was Kimijima directly controlling Misa? Not talking about the exoskeleton, he was actually inside her mind. Did he use the same system on Misa that he used on Airi?

Even if Iru-O told people there was a solar flare, are astronomers across the world really so stupid that they couldn't independently debunk this using their own observations? Remember, this is hardly the first fake flare that has occurred - there were a few previous ones as well.

The woman with the bad legs knew about Kimijima, but how did she know his reports were bad news? All she knew was that Misa had killed him, she didn't know what the reports contained. So why was she so frightened of the reports?

How did the creators of the Gunvarrel show know about the plan? What secret organisation lets their plans be known to a bunch of Anime screenwriters?

I'm sure there are many others, but I'm getting tired. basically, Robotics;Notes was okay, but it wasn't at all good. Maybe I missed a few things and some of those plot holes I mentioned were not plot holes at all. But by gosh, this was an eff'ed-up story.
Arkov

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote
^ As I recall, the decoys used AR technology, so as far as the missile targeting system was concerned, those other targets were real. Also, I believe Kimijima was spoiler[manually stopping the password from entering from within the system, so deleting him had the physical effect of unblocking the password (within the logic of the anime).]

Agree with you on a lot of the other stuff though. Also, not sure if you mentioned it, but another might be why didn't Kai spoiler[die when Aki kept hitting the button? A single exposure to the device left him hospitalized at an earlier point, how did his heart manage to stand up against 3(?) consecutive pushes?]
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote
^
As was explicitly shown those decoys were not visible to the naked eye. They only existed inside the computer that was sending the signal, and any computer that receives the signal. So the only way to see them is to receive the AR information feed. But how did the missiles even see the decoys in the first place if the missiles did not have access to the AR feed of the decoys that was being broadcasted? Because let me tell you, there's no reason for missiles to be receiving and accepting data feeds from an unknown, unverified broadcasting signal. This is a pet peeve of mine; for instance, Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex is also guilty of having hackable missiles despite no reason for them to even exist.

Kimijima wasn't manually stopping access to the computer, it quite clearly showed the system as being logged on to Admin . . . that being Kimijima Kou. Once logged on he merely had to leave the computer running and it would remain on the Admin account, with a password protection to resume the session, just like any other computer.

And yes, Kai not dying or passing out is really stupid, but I didn't bother to mention that in my previous post since he is protected by plot armour and all. It was pretty obvious that he wouldn't die. Still, I would have liked to have seen him need hospital treatment, perhaps with Aki keeping him company by his bedside.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
As was explicitly shown those decoys were not visible to the naked eye. They only existed inside the computer that was sending the signal, and any computer that receives the signal. So the only way to see them is to receive the AR information feed. But how did the missiles even see the decoys in the first place if the missiles did not have access to the AR feed of the decoys that was being broadcasted? Because let me tell you, there's no reason for missiles to be receiving and accepting data feeds from an unknown, unverified broadcasting signal. This is a pet peeve of mine; for instance, Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex is also guilty of having hackable missiles despite no reason for them to even exist.

For military purposes being able to give infomration that is not physical can have a number of uses. Kou himself seemed to like the technology, probably because it allows various technology interact with each other and observe the physical world, many eyes can give a much more accurate depiction for the enviroment. He seemed to be useing a basis of the technology in his experiments, and in observing weather. The ability to hack is likely not as easy as it implied, their Gunvarrel body looked likely complex it only worked over its body. The hack could probably only work momentarilly until other data inputs could confirm it as false. In most cases it would not have been worth the complexity.

Kou's plan itself required him to be able to enter anything on the system, the system was flexible enough that he could scare someone into thinking that he is haunting which gave him a lot of power. By the same token it was arguablly his undoing. His virtual profile which they deleted was probably used to directly have administration so that actually hacking to alter it would be impossible, again his undoing. Administration account was on a seperate system and it just dissapeared so it had to change to guest.

The reason to use the place he did probably comes from a mix of reasons: it would have been too expensive to build his own rocket launch station and risk being drawing attention on top of his plan of causeing unrest. His control is probably best on the island he lived on that had no military, and he had the presidents daughter under his control which for reasons of logic gave him the upper hand.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Why Japan?

Yeah! And why do all the characters speak japanese? It's so unfair...

Ok, Robotics;Notes was a tribute to giant robot anime so a lot of these questions are answered by:

1) Because it's cool

2) Because the good guys have a giant robot.

3) Giant robots are cool.

Where did the monoples come from? The good guys didn't really know, the villain ignored their possibilty in the first place but most likely they were part of the aurora affect {usually caused by fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field, here they're more intense so, yeah, ok. Single pole magnet existing in the first place? I'm not so sure about that one... Oh, right. Science fiction. We're good.}.

Quote:

Aren't there easier ways to rule the planet than design a black hole bomb? Couldn't they just manipulate the stock market and various governments like normal villains?

I could have so much fun with these inane questions answering them one by one but I don't have the time and I don't how many I should answer. Bond villains use Bond style world culture manipulations that Bond can counter with spy related actions {as such you mentioned}. Science villains use science .. villainously ... so science heroes can counter them.

With Science! Or giant robots that smash things. Whichever.

Anyway, look. Giant robots are impossible; In order to get them to function, so many impossible things need to happen, from an outside wireless power source to lightweight engines that are driven by imaginary magnets, that any sort of realistic question misses the point of the series: To make a giant human robot walk and fight and save the world {In that order, in that number of robots. Some writer put some thought somewhere in this story. Just not where some people wanted}. Robotics;Notes is like a Locked Room mystery as its plot is to make a giant robot merely implausible rather than outright impossible.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Ignoring Animegomaniac, who had absolutely nothing useful to say . . .

DuskyPredator wrote:
For military purposes being able to give infomration that is not physical can have a number of uses. Kou himself seemed to like the technology, probably because it allows various technology interact with each other and observe the physical world, many eyes can give a much more accurate depiction for the enviroment.

Yeah, I'm not buying that it would be useful militarily-speaking to open yourself up to an easy hack like that. Plus Kimijima Kou did not even design the missiles anyway, so even if he has a penchant for linking in missiles it shouldn't have mattered.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Kou's plan itself required him to be able to enter anything on the system, the system was flexible enough that he could scare someone into thinking that he is haunting which gave him a lot of power. By the same token it was arguablly his undoing. His virtual profile which they deleted was probably used to directly have administration so that actually hacking to alter it would be impossible, again his undoing. Administration account was on a seperate system and it just dissapeared so it had to change to guest.

Eh, having the Admin account on a separate system (like, the one that holds Kimijima Kou) is too bizarre to be plausible. Easier to have Misa force Aki's dad to create a new Admin, or just hack the computer and make a new Admin yourself. Then once it is made and his puppet Misa has the launch process locked in - which she can supposedly do since she's using an Admin account, even though a rocket launch is far more complicated than that in real life - then just leave the Admin idling with password protection enabled, typical of any computer system. I realise that doesn't actually explain how killing him killed the Admin account, but him hosting the Admin account on his own system seems too bloody weird and implausible for me to buy into.

DuskyPredator wrote:
The reason to use the place he did probably comes from a mix of reasons: it would have been too expensive to build his own rocket launch station and risk being drawing attention on top of his plan of causeing unrest. His control is probably best on the island he lived on that had no military, and he had the presidents daughter under his control which for reasons of logic gave him the upper hand.

Sorry, this is where you're absolutely, totally wrong.

He had the backing of an extremely powerful organisation, a group/committee three hundred strong that could create a black hole bomb and legitimately scheme to take over the world. He made it sound like governments and massive corporations were involved, people with money and influence behind them. If they were as powerful as he implied them to be, paying for a ride on a commercial rocket or just out-and-out buying their own rocket should have been within their purchasing power.

Also, you missed what I said about Kazakhstan. Nice and quiet, out of the way, lots of facilities to use. Other countries also have facilities that can be used. Instead of doing that, these clowns decided to throw Japan and the entire world into chaos with fake rumours of solar flares, just to then launch a rocket from a populated area filled with the only people who knew what was happening thanks to the Kimijima reports. Tell me DuskyPredator, what is likely to draw more attention; a quiet no-fuss launch in the middle of nowhere or throwing the entire world into a panic just to take over some backwards island with only ten goons and a really big hard-to-hide robot? There's only one right answer.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
the stars and planets were alined in such a way that only a launch from that specific launch pad in the middle of nowhere Japan would have provided the best results in this experiment. How's that sound?
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
^
Better than any explanation the show gave us.

Of course, as I said before, even if it had to be Japan it doesn't explain why they had to make a huge fuss about it. Just smuggle the bomb into the country disguised as a comm satellite, and launch it on a regular rocket mission. No-one would be the wiser.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
but that lacks IMPACT
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Just smuggle the bomb into the country disguised as a comm satellite, and launch it on a regular rocket mission. No-one would be the wiser.

If they would've done that, there wouldn't have been a giant robot fight. Rockets cannot be launched without close-proximity giant robot fights. Everyone that has ever studied rockets knows this.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
How did the monopoles just fall from the sky? Where did they come from?

The VN doesn’t explain it that well either, but they’re from magnetic fields apparently from space. Odds are they’re from the sun or other flying bodies in space near Earth.

What is SERN now doing, now that their black hole bomb has failed?

Just because SERN stopped work on the time machine and the black hole bombs doesn’t mean they’re not working with the committee still, odds are they’re working on something else.

Why couldn't they activate the bomb from the surface; why space? It's a black hole for crying out loud, if its strong enough to kill billions then whether it is activated in space or on the surface shouldn't matter.

The committee needed it to be near the sun or else they would end up killing more people than need be / it would ruin their plan also if the black hole went off on the surface of earth then the planet would be gone as well.

Are they going to build another bomb, which I assume is totally within their capability?

Considering SERN gave up with the time machine, the committee scrapped the first few NoAH projects and a few other things I don’t think they’ll be going with bombs and robots for their next plan.

Why did they want to rule a ruined Earth, and not an intact Earth?

Less people = easier to control. Remember how Suzuha said that a lot of the population had been killed off in her time, they can easily control people by force if there’s not enough to fight back. They had complete control and the people fighting back were few in numbers.

The committee already had control over SERN and a lot of other organizations, they control a lot but they either 1. Cover it up or 2. They need to get rid of the population like said before so they can control people better.

How did the bad guys get the rocket to the island? And if they used one that was already there, when did they find the time to paint it black?

They used the rocket that was planned to be launched that day, remember how Nae said they needed to get the robot out of the space JAXA had. It was being used for that rocket.

Why did killing Kimijima suddenly remove the password protection on the mainframe? If someone killed me my laptop would still have its password; passwords don't disappear along with the person. Killing Kimijima shouldn't have helped at all.

He was the core of the IRU-O network, he was the one control the network, all the information going on and off of it and pretty much everything within the view of what the tablets and computers could see / do. That’s why they needed to switch the tablets over to a separate network so he couldn’t see them or attack them.

I'm not going to bother with the rest since a lot of it is paying attention to the early eps when they explained things or putting two and two together from the other Sciadv series.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
The VN doesn’t explain it that well either, but they’re from magnetic fields apparently from space. Odds are they’re from the sun or other flying bodies in space near Earth.

Right, so a couple-dozen monopoles just happen to fall out of the sky right next to the only people trying to save the world. Do you know how f*cking stupid that is?

ninjapet wrote:
Just because SERN stopped work on the time machine and the black hole bombs doesn’t mean they’re not working with the committee still, odds are they’re working on something else.

See, this annoyed me with Steins;Gate as well. Here we have a shadowy organisation that we never see, and they're left to continue on with another plan even though people know of their existence and what they've done. Isn't anyone going to try and take them out?

ninjapet wrote:
The committee needed it to be near the sun or else they would end up killing more people than need be / it would ruin their plan also if the black hole went off on the surface of earth then the planet would be gone as well.

Okay, plausible.

ninjapet wrote:
Considering SERN gave up with the time machine, the committee scrapped the first few NoAH projects and a few other things I don’t think they’ll be going with bombs and robots for their next plan.

They shouldn't have gone with a black hole bomb in the first place. A simple nuclear war would have been far easier to start and far easier to control than a black hole which might do who-knows what. But the plan to use a black hole bomb, though over-complicated, is still as valid as it was before, at least to SERN. No circumstances have changed. Why not just use a second bomb?

Those military robots look quite strong, I don't see why they'd just give up on them.

ninjapet wrote:
Less people = easier to control. Remember how Suzuha said that a lot of the population had been killed off in her time, they can easily control people by force if there’s not enough to fight back. They had complete control and the people fighting back were few in numbers.

What's the point of controlling a ruined planet? Controlling an intact Earth is not too hard if you're as powerful as Kimijima made them out to be.

I just do not buy this idea that it's easier to control the planet if you plunge it into complete chaos by killing five-sevenths of its population and destroying goodness-only-knows how much industrial production. Simply the loss of food supply means that the survivors are not going to be easy to control, because they'll be too busy trying to find food. Instead of two hundred countries that are easily influenced by the massive power you already have, you are going to get tens of thousands of little groups that aren't so easily to manipulate - assuming you can even find them first given that you'll no longer have any satellites to scan the ground with.

The world is already chaotic, but ruining the planet is just going to make it more chaotic.

ninjapet wrote:
The committee already had control over SERN and a lot of other organizations, they control a lot but they either 1. Cover it up or 2. They need to get rid of the population like said before so they can control people better.

Like I said above, nuclear war gets rid of people just as easily and doesn't need a black hole bomb to work.

ninjapet wrote:
They used the rocket that was planned to be launched that day, remember how Nae said they needed to get the robot out of the space JAXA had. It was being used for that rocket.

I don't remember being told that the rocket was scheduled for launch that day. I guess I'll have to go check. I am curious how they switched the payload with only hours to spare.

ninjapet wrote:
He was the core of the IRU-O network, he was the one control the network, all the information going on and off of it and pretty much everything within the view of what the tablets and computers could see / do. That’s why they needed to switch the tablets over to a separate network so he couldn’t see them or attack them.

I get that he was the core of Iru-O and therefore they need to switch networks, this was obvious and we see them do it using stuff Sawada sent. But this does not address what I was saying about the launch program security, which is what you bloody quoted. He was the administrator of a password-protected account, he didn't need to continually monitor JAXA's computers to ensure no-one could gain access; they couldn't get access in the first place because of the password.

Are you going to address it or not?

ninjapet wrote:
I'm not going to bother with the rest since a lot of it is paying attention to the early eps when they explained things or putting two and two together from the other Sciadv series.

Really? That's your answer to some of the massive plot holes that I posted? Geez man, that's moronic.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Right, so a couple-dozen monopoles just happen to fall out of the sky right next to the only people trying to save the world. Do you know how f*cking stupid that is?

ninjapet wrote:

See, this annoyed me with Steins;Gate as well. Here we have a shadowy organisation that we never see, and they're left to continue on with another plan even though people know of their existence and what they've done. Isn't anyone going to try and take them out?

ninjapet wrote:

Okay, plausible.

ninjapet wrote:

They shouldn't have gone with a black hole bomb in the first place. A simple nuclear war would have been far easier to start and far easier to control than a black hole which might do who-knows what. But the plan to use a black hole bomb, though over-complicated, is still as valid as it was before, at least to SERN. No circumstances have changed. Why not just use a second bomb?

Those military robots look quite strong, I don't see why they'd just give up on them.

ninjapet wrote:

What's the point of controlling a ruined planet? Controlling an intact Earth is not too hard if you're as powerful as Kimijima made them out to be.

I just do not buy this idea that it's easier to control the planet if you plunge it into complete chaos by killing five-sevenths of its population and destroying goodness-only-knows how much industrial production. Simply the loss of food supply means that the survivors are not going to be easy to control, because they'll be too busy trying to find food. Instead of two hundred countries that are easily influenced by the massive power you already have, you are going to get tens of thousands of little groups that aren't so easily to manipulate - assuming you can even find them first given that you'll no longer have any satellites to scan the ground with.

The world is already chaotic, but ruining the planet is just going to make it more chaotic.

ninjapet wrote:

Like I said above, nuclear war gets rid of people just as easily and doesn't need a black hole bomb to work.

ninjapet wrote:

I don't remember being told that the rocket was scheduled for launch that day. I guess I'll have to go check. I am curious how they switched the payload with only hours to spare.

ninjapet wrote:

I get that he was the core of Iru-O and therefore they need to switch networks, this was obvious and we see them do it using stuff Sawada sent. But this does not address what I was saying about the launch program security, which is what you bloody quoted. He was the administrator of a password-protected account, he didn't need to continually monitor JAXA's computers to ensure no-one could gain access; they couldn't get access in the first place because of the password.

Are you going to address it or not?

ninjapet wrote:

Really? That's your answer to some of the massive plot holes that I posted? Geez man, that's moronic.

Nuclear war and intact planet do not go together. Sure, if you want to try and nuke 5/6th's of the population and still find a habitable place on the Earth, be my guest. Have fun living underground, if that.

The whole point of spreading the Kimijima reports as well was to spread the program to make it seem like everything was in Chaos. Remember what happened when Kai unlocked the last Kimijima report? There is your answer.

Alot of the questions you asked, were answered. I dont remember them off of the top of my head, and quite frankly, I dont have the time right now to go back and look up every little detail. Some points you make are true, but some of the things you are bringing up HAVE been answered in the series.

I've never played the game, which more than likely goes more into things, so I can't speak in that regard.

I also dont understand why people act like Stein's Gate was a harem show. It wasnt at all. In fact, the only person Kyouma was interested in romantically was Kurisu (at least in the anime, once again, never played the VN). Mayuri was a friend, Ferris was more for Daru, Moeka was not anyones interest, the same with Suzuha. Just because there is a group of female characters in a series doesn't automatically mean it is a harem. That logic is stupid.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
So you are intimatly familiar with computers of 2019. You can say with certainty that an improvment in computer networking may introduce changes in general systems. That his plan was more secure the way it was, despite how it ended, and the explanation could be too complex to activly portray in the anime.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
Nuclear war and intact planet do not go together. Sure, if you want to try and nuke 5/6th's of the population and still find a habitable place on the Earth, be my guest. Have fun living underground, if that.

Dude, I wasn't saying there should have been a nuclear war. I did say that an intact planet was better to rule than a broken one. But if SERN was absolutely insisting on killing billions of people, then there's easier ways to do that than to make a friggin black hole.

Nocturne123 wrote:
The whole point of spreading the Kimijima reports as well was to spread the program to make it seem like everything was in Chaos. Remember what happened when Kai unlocked the last Kimijima report? There is your answer.

Uh, dude, you are missing the point. Kimijima could have spread that program himself, he didn't need Kai to do it. So the reports were completely unnecessary and actually killed Kimijima's plan instead of helping it.

Nocturne123 wrote:
Alot of the questions you asked, were answered. I don't remember them off of the top of my head, and quite frankly, I don't have the time right now to go back and look up every little detail. Some points you make are true, but some of the things you are bringing up HAVE been answered in the series.

Oh come on. At least tell me which ones you think have been answered so that I can go hunt down the info myself. If you can't remember which ones they are then don't bring it up in the first place, because right now you're just trying to make an argument without actually making the argument.

Nocturne123 wrote:
I've never played the game, which more than likely goes more into things, so I can't speak in that regard.

The game has no bearing on the Anime, and vice versa. Each should be judged on their own merits. That means that the game isn't hurt by the crappy Anime, and the Anime isn't helped by the game.

Nocturne123 wrote:
I also don't understand why people act like Stein's Gate was a harem show. It wasnt at all. In fact, the only person Kyouma was interested in romantically was Kurisu (at least in the anime, once again, never played the VN). Mayuri was a friend, Ferris was more for Daru, Moeka was not anyones interest, the same with Suzuha. Just because there is a group of female characters in a series doesn't automatically mean it is a harem. That logic is stupid.

Steins;Gate is a soft Harem, as in the lead male is surrounded by plenty of cute or beautiful girls that fans can then easily ship. Whether or not the girls are in love with him is not really relevant; what's important is that the set-up is clearly aimed at small number or guys (if not one guy), large numbers of girls. You can't tell me that the gender ratio of Steins;Gate was not deliberate.

Harem shows do not need to literally have Harems in them.

DuskyPredator wrote:
So you are intimatly familiar with computers of 2019. You can say with certainty that an improvment in computer networking may introduce changes in general systems. That his plan was more secure the way it was, despite how it ended, and the explanation could be too complex to activly portray in the anime.

I'm familiar with admin accounts and login information, which is what was depicted in the show.

Tell me, are you intimately familiar with small trucks in 2019? No. So how do you know the vehicles aren't powered by nuclear power plants like in Fallout? Because you are familiar with trucks in 2013, and when you see a truck in the show revving up you know that's a petrol or diesel engine, not a nuclear one. My point is, for many things you can't use the excuse of "it happens in the future, there's no way for you to actually know". We can't know for absolute certain, but we can know with a good degree of confidence. That excuse of yours is not a magic wand that can shut down discussion of anything you don't like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 16