• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lagrange - The Flower of Rine-ne (TV) (allseaons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Some interesting revelations this time.
spoiler[I'm amazed how those people managed to live 20 000 years...]
Those three girls sure had fun for Christmas.
The going away party for guys was pretty nice.
Looks like Lan's brother still hasn't truly made up with Villagiulio.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I think that Dizelmine's spoiler[sudden re-reversal is more tied to the machine messing with his subconscious and reawakening his falsely perceived belief that Vilagulio had betrayed him].
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Rinne no Lagrange S2, Episode 9

Amazing episode. The yuri is back again! Love how Madoka was taken care of by her waifus. Got to love the Lan/Madoka/Muginami OT3! By the way, I just found out that yuri can cure fever in just a few hours.

Looks like we are getting more yuri vibes from Machiko-sensei. It is becoming apparent that she has a crush on Youko. I am so going to support her to go with Youko. Sadly for her, Youko is busy working with Asteria. If the reward was a room for three, I bet she would have invited Asteria. And if that happened, we would have an older version of this anime's OT3.

What is up with Dizelmine? Why is he letting Moid manipulate him? He even gets the same treatment he gave his sister while he had a fallout with Villagulio some time ago. Moid is getting more sinister.

No sights of that [s]stalker[/s] background girl Reiko Miki. I am sure the creators have no plans of putting her on a bus for the rest of this season.

Next week, we get some war and probably some betrayal. Seems like the Jersey Club has to break their vow of never using the Voxes for war again.

On another note: the Jersey Club in Christmas outfits and dat Mugi end card? ABSOLUTELY HOT!!!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

spoiler[Interesting how fast a nice boring day turned into a war.
De Mertio vs Le Garite.
Dizelmine totally pulled a 180 on Villagiulio.
Dizelmine's little tantrum did some serious damage.
Seems like that guy totally lost his mind.]

Things are getting pretty intense.
Looks like the last few episodes are gonna be action filled.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 10

Shocked He spoiler[killed him, Dizelmine killed Villagiulio, and he tried to keep faith in his friend until the end, but killed over some old personal betrayal.] Now Villagiulio spoiler[has not always been a saint, but I think the solidified him as being a pretty good guy.] But also turning spoiler[Dizelmine into an iradeemable criminal, a king who grew drunk on power, and unwilling to care about someone elses point of view.] And Moid seems to be spoiler[involved in a plot at getting Dizelmine a read Vox, and making him go so beserk her could destroy the universe] or something.

But in saying that the story is pretty sweet, definetly an episode of what it was always supposed to become, the journey of the series lead here. A series that started with Madoka ending up piloting a robot, and piloting in a very confused manner. Lan was a rather stoic girl who hid her fears and did not have many friends. And Muginami, a girl with hidden agendas, and desire to impress her "big brother".

As a way too early decision of how things will end, without trying to make light of what is to come soon, I will guess that spoiler[Lan will become the ruling member of Le Garite, and Muginami maybe as De Metrio's, and Madoka will become part of the group that is on Earth.] Though we can look back it this later and see how unreasonably optimistic I am.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote
So the school life is gone, for now, in favor of some awesome mecha action. spoiler[Dizelmine has gone really nuts, fighting his former friend Villagiulio again. Moid may look like the real villain but Dizel is just crazy.

Luckily, the RGB trio (Madoka and her waifus, Lan and Muginami) come just in time to stop him. I was expecting that they were going to regret that they are going to break the vow of never using Voxes again. Nonetheless, it was great to see them in their Voxes battling evil again.

For the second time, I felt so sorry for Villa. I am going to assume that he survives but I am having second thoughts with it.

It looks like Dizel has restarted the 20,000-year-old tragedy that was already done by Asteria. I am eager to see if she will do something next week.]

On another note, I think our yuri OT3 deserves a ship name. RGB trio would be nice, even though it has taken already by another yuri OT3, Akane/Nao/Reika from Smile PreCure, a long time ago. I guess a ship naming is in order.

Also another note: once again, no signs of Reiko and no hints of Machiko-sensei’s crush on Yoko. I am a bit disappointed about that. Oh well, I cannot wait for next week.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[Things are getting seriously out of control.
All 3 of them fighting the same black mecha.
Seems like all 3 of them were doing it in separate dimensions.
Dizelmine was really naive and gullible to fall into that guy's trap.
Once again history is repeating itself.
Madoka's mind trip to Dizelmine & Villagiulio's youth was interesting.
Girl's reunion near the world's end was kinda nice & relaxing.
When they're together anything seems possible.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the animation budget is really running thin for this show. Lots of shortcuts, lots of repeated scenes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Lovely second to last episode, I really enjoyed actually seeing Madoka so angry, and fighting like she did, and all three of them at the end of their rope sad. And then the follow up scene where they sit together, in the very chairs we often saw as symbols of their status, and their act of charging together to tell the brother that he had been an idiot was awesome.

Oh and spoiler[Villagiulio is not dead after all, that kind of feels a it cheap, but his determination did seem to inspire his right hand man (woman), Grania, to charge the enemy and offer to have at least a truce there. And we find that Asteria was unwittingly used by some of her people 20,000 years ago for reasons not quite clear to open the Vox as some sort of bridge between something, she looked very upset at some betrayal.] Moid seems to have spoiler[some urge to hear the "voices" of the other side, his crazy desire creating the entire incident. It felt so satisfactory to see Madoka's cousin punch him, and him handcuffed.]

I will have to make sure I watch next week's episode on a good video quality, unlike what I did this week.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[This second-to-last episode shows us that the power of yuri can beat evil. That yuri troll was nice, Madoka.

So many mecha actions as the RGB trio takes on Dizelmine. Madoka definitely takes the cake for being the most awesome. While Dizel absorbs the crystal ovids, the girls decide to take a lunch break. It was odd and amusing but you know what they say: you cannot fight with an empty stomach.

As expected, Villagiulio survives. His best friend Dizelmine goes crazy. However, Moid shows that he is the Big Bad by going even crazier while talking to Asteria. Sadly, Moid was just all talk. He could have been a great villain but Youko-nee-chan ended his chances of being one with a single punch. As for Dizelmine, I do not know if he will come back after getting suplexed by the RGB trio.

Speaking of Youko-nee-chan, it appears that she and Asteria are really quite close. Do not mess with Youko's little waifu. I wish we were able to see more of Youko's beatdown of Moid. Yup, anticlimatic indeed but nonetheless, it was wonderful. I hate Moid anyway.

Sorry Machiko-sensei, but while you were busy protecting the students, Youko was busy protecting Asteria. Hate to say this too, but it looks like you are going to lose your love to a 20,000-year-old loli.

Sadly, next week will be the end of this great anime. And the girls are splitting up again?! Please Lord! Please do not let this happen! I want to see the RGB yuri trio together till the end! Cannot wait for next week!!!]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 Final

spoiler[Everyone was seriously freaking out.
If it weren't for those three girls the world would have ended for sure.
After all that they sure deserved some easy time...
Well, most of the issues were dealt with and things got on the right track.
Nice final episode.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (final episode)

Yay, everything turned out fine, their spoiler[goodwill in their hearts reached Dizelmine, and instead of some majestic voice Moid was expecting, we instead got our gals singing the theme song of the Jersey Club.] And seeing Moid's reaction to the affair was spoiler[hilarious, he has always had a really calm and cool personality, but he really lost it, and had the song stuck in head too.] Laughing It felt like it was done a bit to the audience in being spoiler[anticlimactic, and his next decision to just start over, yeah that is not going to happen.]

Other parts is that Dizelmine has spoiler[turned young like Asteria, which would make relations with Yurikano] kind of awkward. It seems that Dizelmine and Villaguilio spoiler[are not kings any more, not quite sure what that means, but it does make sense Dizelmine would not be welcomed back into position, but we saw Lan in princess garb,] perhaps a New Hope thing. Seems that Kiss has spoiler[become part of the Jersey club, guess Madoka did manage to make space branches, with Muginami becoming a section chief], though Grania is not very happy about that.

After everything I still want to see more of how things have gone afterwards, felt like there was so much to see, we also got a look at Madoka's mother looked like via a photo.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[What a wonderful way to end this awesome anime. The RGB trio saves the world with their and yuri power and their Jersey Club has gone intergalactic. Madoka is helping out everyone in the entire universe with the aid of two planets Le Garite and De Metrio and her waifus Lan and Muginami. As this show came to an end, I realized that it is very difficult to imagine two girls of the OT3 getting a happy yuri end while the other one is left in the dust. Muginami/Madoka/Lan RGB OT3 FTW!!!

Great to see Yurikano back again and Dizel and Villa being friends for real. Izo, Array, and Kirius join Madoka's universal club, along with Dizel, Villa, Grania, and probably Yurikano. It is kind of amusing how Moid quickly gets over the three girls saving the world and is suddenly gone for good, getting owned by the Jersey Club's song. Youko and Asteria are going on an exploration to find more about Rinne. So much for Machiko and her love for Youko. And it is too bad that Reiko Miki is just a background character in the end.

I am so happy that Madoka, Lan, and Muginami are still together and they will be together forever. That is how this anime should end. I wish them well in their future as they keep on helping everyone out, beat all evildoers, and eventually have a OT3 yuri marriage.

Lagrange is one of the coolest anime shows in this season and also this year. Good plot, well-developed characters, and stunning visuals and effects. I can compare Rinne no Lagrange with Mouretsu Pirates in terms of their qualities, especially with colorful effects and yurilicious subtexts. I am going to miss this series a lot.]
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I never expected to like this show as much as I did, especially since my initial interest in the show was due to the fact that Nissan did all the Robot designs for the show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I didn't enjoy the second season as much as the first (rated the first one Very Good and the second one Decent) but still a fun show. I'm assuming Viz will put out a physical release at some point and I will almost certainly buy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7