• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Film Director Shares Teaser Image

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who'll voice Shadow, I have a feeling that just like Knuckles Paramount will hire some famous actor to voice him. If I could choose someone to voice Shadow, it would be Robert Pattinson or Adam Driver
The Sonic movies have had a lighthearted tone, as have most of the games in the series, but Shadow's backstory is pretty tragic, not sure if Paramount is going to let the writers adapt what happened in SA2, maybe we'll get something totally different in this version
Jc48054

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I still can't believe we live in a timeline where we get a good video game adaptation like sonic the hedgehog movie but a bad one like the halo live action show.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:38 am Reply with quote
I like their rendition of Shadow's shoes. The physical model makes it look like they're sticking pretty close to his game design.
NieR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:35 am Reply with quote
I just hope Lee Majdoub as Agent Stone returns in a major role for the Knuckles TV show or if not that, definitely the third Sonic film. Shadow's movie design looks very cool in the promo image shown. I wonder if Jim Carrey will come back for one more time as Dr. Robotnik.

Looking forward to the upcoming third movie installments of Deadpool, Sonic the Hedgehog, Spider-Verse and Venom.

Chances of it happening are slim to none, but I'd like to see Shadow voiced by Bruce Greenwood or Marc Maron.
CrazyCrazyWeirdo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:34 am Reply with quote
I'm worried that Jim Carrey won't reprise his role as Eggman since he's retiring Sad which is gonna suck, since he did great as Eggman.
CrazyCrazyWeirdo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:36 am Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
I wonder who'll voice Shadow, I have a feeling that just like Knuckles Paramount will hire some famous actor to voice him. If I could choose someone to voice Shadow, it would be Robert Pattinson or Adam Driver

On the other hand, I do like the idea of Robert Pattinson as Shadow and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who would want him to voice Shadow. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1